Hello fellow crochet friends! I’m super excited to share this Mini Kitty Amigurumi crochet pattern with you! Since this kitty is a smaller amigurumi, I thought it would be fun to release the pattern as a little crochet along to work on together as a group! Below you will find all of the details for this Mini Kitty Crochet Along (CAL). I hope you all join in!
For these kitties, I used a mixture of Red Heart Soft and Caron Simply Soft yarn. I even added in some Caron Simply Soft Party yarn to add some sparkle to the belt and bow on each kitty!
It was fun letting my daughters pick out the colors for their new mini kitty amigurumi. They were so excited as I was working on them and couldn’t wait to run off with them once they were finished. I barely had time to get all of the photos done before they were begging for these! You might be able to tell by the increasing number of related patterns on the blog, but in our house we are suckers for anything cat related!
I can’t wait to see all of color combinations you work up for your mini kitty amigurumi! I was thinking that the dress worked up in a variegated yarn might be super cute too! Be sure to post photos in the Loops and Love Crochet Group on Facebook for everyone to enjoy!
Each Mini Kitty Amigurumi only measures about 6.5″ tall, so if you are a fan of quick and cute amigurumi projects or need a small project to work up between larger ones, this crochet along will be perfect for you! I’ll split the pattern into 3 parts that will be released every couple of days to give you time to work up each part before the next section is released. There are more details on this below!
Don’t have time to participate in the Crochet Along this week? Missed the Crochet Along but still want to make a mini kitty? Don’t worry, the full Mini Kitty Amigurumi crochet pattern will always be available here free on the blog after the CAL is over, or you can purchase the printable PDF in Etsy or Ravelry shops starting Feb. 24th!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission if you click a link and purchase something that I have recommended. This is done at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Loops & Love Crochet!
Now here are all of the details that you’ll need for the CAL.
Where can I find the CAL (crochet along)?
This pattern will be split into 3 parts. Each part will be posted on the blog according to the dates for each section below.
The best place to follow along with the CAL will be in the Loops and Love Crochet Group on Facebook. I will post the link to each part of the kitty amigurumi pattern in the group. Joining in a crochet group to work on the pattern together adds to the fun and community aspect of participating in a crochet along. You can share photos, questions, and tips in the group and be part of the community.
Being part of the Facebook group is not necessary for joining in the CAL, you can also work on this pattern alone or along with a few friends. I will also announce each part of the CAL on my Facebook page as well as on Instagram. Remember to follow along by liking Loops and Love Crochet on Facebook and following @loopsandlovecrochet on Instagram!
Lastly, if you’d prefer to follow along by email, sign up for the Loops and Love Crochet e-newsletter and you’ll receive the link to each part of the CAL to your inbox!
When will each part of the CAL be posted?
The CAL will start on Monday, February 24th. There will be 3 parts to this pattern each released on these dates:
Remember to share photos of each part of the CAL as you finish them in the Facebook group (if you’d like to, of course)!
What materials will I need for the CAL?
Here is the materials list for the Mini Kitty Amigurumi crochet pattern:
- Worsted weight yarn – I used a mixture of Red Heart Soft and Caron Simply Soft. You will need a main kitty color (I used off white for one and grey for the other), an accent color for the feet/arms/dress/skirt, and a light pink for the nose/mouth (or any color you’d like!). As an option, I used another accent color for the belt and bow. I found all of my yarn for this project at Michaels!
- Safety eyes – I used 9mm size safety eyes. If you’d like the option of crocheting the eyes rather than using safety eyes, here’s a great tutorial!
- Crochet hook – I used a 3.5mm crochet hook. If you prefer to use a different size for amigurumi projects, feel free to use it! You just might end up with a slightly larger or smaller kitty. I always use (and love) my Clover Amour hooks!
- Black crochet or embroidery thread – for stitching on the eyelashes (optional)
- Stuffing – Any fiber stuffing will work for stuffing your mini kitty amigurumi
- Yarn needle – bent yarn needles work great for sewing amigurumi pieces together!
What stitches will I need to know for this pattern?
In the Mini Kitty Amigurumi crochet pattern, you’ll see the following stitches and their abbreviations.
- Ch – chain
- Sl St – slip stitch
- SC – single crochet
- HDC – half double crochet
- DC – double crochet
- INV DEC – invisible single crochet decrease – insert hook into front loop of next stitch, then insert your hook into the front loop of the following stitch (3 loops on hook). Yarn over and draw through 2 loops (2 loops on hook), yarn over and pull through 2 remaining loops on hook.
That’s all for now! I hope you found all of these details helpful and are excited to join in the crochet along! Have fun gathering your yarn colors and supplies and I’ll see you back here for part one posted on Monday, Feb. 24th!