Recently, I made a simple crochet zipper pouch and it was so much fun and I loved the end product so much that I became a bit obsessed with them! Below I have compiled a list of zip-up crochet bags. Each designer adds the zipper in their own unique way, but the steps are given, and the finished pouches are lovely. I hope you are inspired! Try one, try two, or try them all! I mean, can you really have too many bags?!
*The images used in this post belong to the individual designer and have been used with permission*
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission if you click a link and purchase something that I have recommended. This is done at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Loops & Love Crochet!
Let’s get to it, shall we?
- Mini Heart Pouch by Maria’s Blue Crayon – I love the heart pattern in this adorable knit-looking crochet pouch, and it’s even lined. The heart stitches really give this bag some texture, and it is a great size for holding all those little things we have that we need a place for!
- Watermelon Coin Purse by Repeat Crafter Me – This little purse just screams summer fun! This pattern is great if you are looking for a quick project. The finishing touch of adding little black buttons as the watermelon seeds is perfect!
- Mermaid Ripple Purse by EkayG Designs – This is so adorable! I know many little girls (including my own) that would love one of these! The detailing of the ripples and the fins is beautiful. This pattern also includes instructions on sewing in the lining.
- Crochet Zipper Pouch by me (Loops and Love Crochet) – I was inspired to try something different and needed a bag to keep my crochet hooks organized, and so this zipper pouch was born! This unlined bag works up quickly with half double crochet stitches. A photo tutorial is included on crocheting around a zipper.
- Rainbow Happy Fun Pouch by Moogly – Like the name says, this rainbow pouch sure is happy and fun! This is a quick and easy project that looks amazing when finished. The post stitches give this pouch so much texture, and the color possibilities are endless!
- Tapestry Crochet Coin Purse by Cinta @ My Poppet – This would be a great little project if you want to try out Tapestry Crochet. The design created is beautiful and lots of photos of the steps are included.
- Beginner Friendly Crochet Zip Pouch Tutorial by Melaniekham – This pouch works up quickly and also includes how to insert the lining. The pattern is beginner friendly with lots of photos of the different steps, and she even includes a video tutorial!
Some materials that you might find handy for some of these zip-up bag patterns are:
- Zippers (7-inch size)
- Fiskars Contour Rotary Cutter
- Skip-stitch cutting blade
- Self-healing cutting mat
- Piercing crochet hook
- Crochet hooks